Wednesday, August 3, 2011

that ramadhan i won't forget to remember #1


alhamdulillah. finally ramadhan comes again this year. every time ramadhan comes, there will be several things would come across my mind. it is all about the past ramadhan. for this post, i want to recall the experience of my first time fasting in ramadhan.

looking back at the past, i started to learn to fast when i was seven. that time i was in primary one. i can't clearly remember whether i began fasting on the first of ramadhan or few days later. but the person who keep encourage me to start fasting in ramadhan is surely kaklong. what i can remember, it wasn't bad at all to be fasting. i would be lie if i tell that i didn't feel hungry but for seven years old child to stay fasting, i still could stand to wait until maghrib. and for beginner at that time, people around including me myself never expect me to completely fasting for thirty days in a row. but surprisingly, i still manage to fast for 23 days. 7 days off for 7 years old kid. haha. aidilfitri on that year was very meaningful to me cause i puasa during ramadhan. funny what, children will always be children. i still remember how proud am i to boast around with family, relatives and friends. hoho

later a year had gone. the cycle made me met ramadhan again. since i was eight at that time, only two thoughts stayed in my mind. either to complete fasting for 30 days cause i've grown or it is okay to just fast for 22 days, 8 days off for 8 years old child. hahah. both were my targets where i should achieve one of them. as i grow, the laziness inside me and my wisdom grow too. i felt so lazy to wake up for sahur and fasting. my wisdom that for sure mostly everyone had encountered when they were younger, drinking tap water while taking shower. omg, when the water ran through my throat, the feeling of relieve was indescribable. haha like i mentioned, children will always be children. despite all those matters, i still fasting for many days. after minus the days i sneaking to drink tap water, i didn't achieve any of my early goals. neither 30 days nor 22 days.  precisely i didn't remember but it was within 24-26 days. still better than my first year of fasting. hahah

1 comment: